Hosted By:              


 Master Jay Lee, (719) 488-4321,  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  
 Commissioner since 2012



Master Sammy Pejo, (719) 598-8000,  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Commissioner since 2011



Competition Site: University of Denver Magness Arena, 2250 E. Jewell Ave., Denver

Click here for maps & directions

Competition Date: Friday, July 27 - Saturday, July 28


Click Here for Detailed Participant Entry Fees and Deadlines.




The U.S. Taekwondo Committee is proud to announce the 10th annual U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadang will be held at Magness Arena at Denver University in Denver, Colorado from July 27-28. After 3 successful years of holding this event in Chicago, the event has resided in Colorado Springs where in 1992, the first ever U.S. Open Taekwondo Championship was created. The U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadang is expected to host well over 1,300 participants from all over the world. The most famous Taekwondo practitioners from China, Taiwan, Korea, as well as European and Pan American countries will be represented. Be sure not to miss the Opening Ceremonies, which never fails to excite, with new performances and events every year! For example, previous years have includied world famous Taekwondo Demonstration Teams such as the Korean Tigers and the Sehan University Demo Team.
Taekwondo sparring is very well known as an Olympic sport. However, because of the high skill level and physical conditioning needed to be successful at sparring, the average Taekwondo School in the United States only has approximately 10% of the student body participating in sparring class and competitions. The U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadang events are for the other 90% of Taekwondo students who do not participate in sparring. The U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadang offers the opportunity for the 90% to showcase their skills in traditional forms, creative forms, creative board breaking, power breaking, and demonstration team events.